Wednesday 21 October 2020

Hi there all .

I have created this blog for Ham radio adventures.

Since I had a long break from ham radio of over 20 years , I've now retired and have the time to play ham radio again.

So we have a lot to catch up on how I've built up the station over the past two years .
 
I first got the station working on HF with a Kenwood TS850S and later purchased a Kenwood 920 Amp and modified it to make it better and safer. You can see the amp bottom right , its a right boat anchor !.
 



The mods were to reduce the heater voltage on the Valves , to prelong the lif of the valve, insert fusted in the lines and the HT line, add a soft Start , to prevent the switch burn out out. also a PTT mod to enable the key of the Amp at a much lower voltage .



I build everything myself and love to build antennas , of all types.

So here I'll see if we can catch up on what I have done and where we are since I came back to amateur radio in 2017.

Over the coming weeks I’ll post details what we have done and my experiences.



 23rd of October .


I put some requests out via Moon.net for some controller PCB , for the Slew drive , i have a few replys


Zdenek - OK1DFC

Bill Booth VE3NXK

Walter ON4BCB

 

Ive ordered from Bill a set of boards, and also from Walter for the pcb with a programmed MCU.

 this is the slew drive ill be ordering a12inch version .


 
 

 

building the base .

 

starting the hole.

painted the large RSJ ready

 welded exta section to the bottom

 base now fixed in position , put 5 ton of concrete in there so very strong .

ill be building a tilt over section with a winch for easy access

 


This is the view looking due east for moon rise, the mountain at the highest point is about 7 deg when we acquire the moon , making it a bit tight for EME for GW to ZL.

 


 

new large array / dish mount.  got a few reply's , ordered in some PCB's so we can make a start with the controller interface part.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 MY QSL CARD ,  How i made my card from a flight video . we Have a big landmark here in Wales , its the two bridges that cross the Severn Es...